Thread: 825i starter

Thanks

825i starter

does anyone know if they make a starter upgrade for a 825i gas engine ,from what I hear the factory starter is a real cheap assy and a lot of work to replace , im not ready to do that yet but hope there might be a upgrade maybe with real bearings instead of drill motor bushings

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by campoman View Post
    does anyone know if they make a starter upgrade for a 825i gas engine ,from what I hear the factory starter is a real cheap assy and a lot of work to replace , im not ready to do that yet but hope there might be a upgrade maybe with real bearings instead of drill motor bushings
    I'm not really sure. I got a starter off Amazon and it wasn't really that hard to replace. I'm far from being a mechanic also. It seems to be working fine for the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ohsarg For This Useful Post:

campoman (02-19-2021)

Thanks
    dont know when you sent this reply but thanks my starter has been acting up and ive been puttingh it off because it looked like a real chore good to hear that its not bad to replace did you pull the bed off to gsain access to the starter?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by campoman View Post
    dont know when you sent this reply but thanks my starter has been acting up and ive been puttingh it off because it looked like a real chore good to hear that its not bad to replace did you pull the bed off to gsain access to the starter?
    No I didn't take the bed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk