Thread: Latest updates on my eGator(s)

Thanks

Latest updates on my eGator(s)

Just an update, now that I am a few years into having these eGators.

So, yes, that's eGators - plural. I still have both, and I actually picked up a third (well, a rolling chassis :) ). We have been using eGator2 for the last few years and that has been still using the batteries I bought with it back then. But last month I decided to gain some space in my shop garage again and finish off eGator1 and sell off the extra eGator and parts. It became a general rebuild of both eGators and prep for sale of one.

For eGator1, I installed the TPS from the spare chassis to it and bought new Crown batteries. I found reasonably priced replacement seats and installed those and swapped over the wheels and tires from the spare chassis, too, as they were in good shape. eGator1 is now running and is our primary use eGator.

For eGator2, I found that the frame had some damage at the front from the previous owner. Fortunately, I had a perfectly good rolling chassis to use, instead! So, I've moved the wiring and controls from eGator2 over to the eGator3 chassis and am finishing everything up. I'm going to get a new set of Crown batteries for this one and I also went ahead and got a fresh pair of seats, too. That should button everything up and then I'll be listing that one for sale, and then also the spare chassis and other no-longer-needed spares will go up for sale, too.

We have 2 partially-wooded acres and live in a pretty spread apart neighborhood, so the eGator has come in handy over the last several years. I also use it to move our utility trailer and pop-up camper around the yard when needed, too. It's nice not to have to hitch those up to the truck to move them around the yard. And last spring I used it to pull a bunch of buckthorn bushes out of the ground with a chain - it worked great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to khnitz For This Useful Post:

WOEII (05-24-2021)

Thanks
    Another item from the past few years of ownership: I did have the motor controller go bad on eGator2. For the time being, I swapped in the motor controller from eGator1 and kept on rolling. Earlier this year, I sent the faulty controller to FSIP https://shop.fsip.biz/en/content/home for refurb/repair, and they turned the controller around quickly and did a great job. I explored possibly changing to an upgraded controller, but at this time decided against it and just had the original one repaired.

Other than that, I had to add a tube to one of the tires here and there to stop a slow leak. The eGator has been really trouble-free, and it's been a great tool to have for our home and property.